Sunday, September 5, 2010

How Does One Small Island Fit So Many People?


My sister dragged me to come with her to Ellis Island during her 10-day stay in Manhattan. It was her second-last day in the city, and it was raining non-stop for a good three days before, so that Thursday was the perfect day for her to get the all-encompassing view of Manhattan from afar.

Now when I think about it, the only thing I absolutely regretted that day was even thinking that I might regret this little excursion. Ellis Island has the best view of Manhattan island to date. It's such a beautiful view that you can't get flying over the city or riding on a boat, because you really have a portraiture of the compact urban metropolis from a stationary point of view.

Needless to say, my sister busted out her sketchbook and started doodling. Pfft, architecture students.

1 comment:

Angélique said...

it's is like 500 Days of Summer... but different city!
Nice ring on Olivia!